Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Compilation of my favorite must-reads!

What do I do during the few moments during the day that my kid(s) are actually sleeping or quiet? You guessed it, I read parenting articles! After all, we're all trying to become better parents/people, right? :)

Anyways, I wanted to catalog the following not only for my own re reading pleasure, but so that hopefully you will find them as insightful or as helpful as I did. Enjoy!

A Letter from a Sleep Training Baby by Alternative Mama
This article, which I tagged in my post I am an Attached Parent. Are you?, made me cry. And not just because I am a sap, but because I have been there. I've had that stomach knot of questioning whether letting my baby cry was the right thing to do, or was I going to spoil him? My first-time-mom-naivete won out over my better judgment once, but never again.

To My Nursling by the Leaky B@@b
Just reminded me that although there are challenges, as I had with both my children, it is worth it. Whether you nurse for a day, a week, a year or more! It was worth it. The bond is what it's all about. 

Making Baby Wipes by EarthMamaAngelBaby
A FUN idea! I made some using washcloths for a recent babyshower and they came out great! Also, I never have to worry about running out of wipes!

Parent Better After Divorce
I read an excerpt of this in my last copy of Mothering Magazine and loved it! My son's father and I were never married, but nonetheless it struck a chord. One of my biggest fears has always been that since I don't have my son all the time- I wouldn't be an effective parent- but it's nice to re read this now and again when I need to re build my confidence!

Time to Heal: A Look at Post Pardum Recovery by The Leaky B@@b
I've had 2 C Sections. With my first, I was back to work FT at 4 weeks post pardum. With my second, I was also raising a toddler. I've experienced post pardum depression twice. I WISH I had read this article six months ago. I was better at resting this time than with my first, but not enough. I, like many, felt I had to be supermom. In some ways, I can't wait to have another just to be able to really enjoy it and truly savor the moments. 

As I find them, I will continue to post my faves on Facebook and here on the blog. Please share your faves too!

Do you have a favorite blog? Mommy or otherwise?? :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment