Search This Blog

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Crafty Mama

Christmas this year was a return to the days of hand made, love filled gifts! Where we taught our kids the true meaning of the holiday- love & family. Here are some easy things to do at home that turned out to be cool gifts!


I found some awesome iron-on decals at the local craft store and created some cool baby items. Get creative with things already around your house! All the baby items I used to apply the decals, I had received as gifts for my daughter that had never been opened. Total cost- just that of the decals $3.99.




I also found this fabulous decal (only $1.99), which I plan to use to make some pillowcases ($4.99 from Target)




We made everyone handmade ornaments for Christmas this year. I purchased 2 packages of cardstock that came with envelopes from the craft store. I used a silver Sharpie to write heartfelt messages on everyone's cards/ornaments. 2 rolls of ribbons created the loops to hook them to the tree, and I found the little snowflake fasteners also at the store for only $1.99.

We made 13 ornaments. Total cost for ALL the supplies? $11.99. Best thing? We have enough to make 6 more ornaments :)


Fill me in on some of YOUR craft ideas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment